High deflection shock and vibration isolators for medium-weight sensitive equipment.
Barry VHC-Series mounts are special purpose, mid-frequency isolators designed to protect sensitive equipment when high level shock and vibration inputs are expected. Typical applications include electronic equipment installed in mobile equipment subjected to off-road environments.
- Buckling design
- Steel construction
- Compression to shear stiffness ratio 2:1
- Designed to carry static loads in the axial direction, but can accommodate dynamic inputs in the radial direction
- Attenuates 18″ freefall shock input to approximately 12g’s
- Large deflection capacity provides superior shock attenuation
- Can be used as stabilizers for tall equipment packages
- Maximum loads apply when mount will be subjected to an 18″ freefall. Larger loads can be accommodated for less severe shock inputs.
- 4 load ratings to 145 lbs. per mount
- Ground vehicle electronics
- Shipboard equipment
- Shipping containers
- Equipment installed in transportable shelters
- Barry LT (low-temperature) Compound, which is ideal for military applications, operates between -67°F and +180°F (-55°C to +82°C) and is resistant to fungus and ozone.
- Neoprene has an operating temperature range of -20°F to +180°F (-30°C to +180°C) and resists oil and ozone.
|NATURAL FREQUENCY||12 – 20 Hertz|
|TRANSMISSIBILITY AT RESONANCE||5.0 Max. (Barry LT Compound) 10.0 Max. (Neoprene)|
|RESILIENT ELEMENT||Barry LT Compound or Neoprene|
|STANDARD MATERIALS||Steel (Grounding Strap Beryllium Copper)|